Saturday 14 December 2013

Christmas on the horizon / Craciunul la orizont

I wanted to see how is it to use for quilting the twin needle (double needle).
The pretext was a quick table runner for the upcoming holiday.


The tests are continuing but for now I can tell you that for quilting too, the twin needle may be used for straight stitches, zig-zag and some decorative stitches.

How I combined the stitching techniques for quilting the Christmas table runner


A wile ago I used it also with the free-motion foot, but I don't have photos. These days I will give it another try quilting curves and using different colors threads and I will tale you how it worked.

One thing is very important: when you chose the quilting design you must be aware that when stitching with twin needle you can't sew around a corner with the needle down. You must lift up both the needle and the machine foot, arrange the fabric trying not to pull the thread and then continue on.




That's all for now.

Have a beautiful day!

I'm linking to Finished up Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Ce frumos si vesel e servetul! Poti sa-ti inchipui ca n-au cusut cu doua ace inca?
    Multumesc de idee!

    ReplyDelete