Friday, 1 May 2015

An Apron for Him - tutorial

It's difficult to make a present for a man. But I found a great idea on Silvia's blog.
It's a quick and funny project.
I have asked Silvia if I may write a short tutorial about it and she kindly approved.
Here is my version:



Materials needed
- one shirt (if it is used, the front should be in good shape)
- binding
- scraps of fabrics
- thread
- sewing machine
- scissors, water soluble pen or tailor chalk, pins
- one safety pin

I folded the shirt in half. I cut out the front.

On the back the cutting followed a curved line finished up at about 4" down from the shirt's neck line.

I drew a line along the neck line.

I cut out the collar following the drawn line.
I verified if the new neckline need some corrections.

I added the binding on the raw edge and stitched the two straps.
I made a bow tie and I placed it on the shirt with the safety pin. I played a little and embroidered a label with his monogram and stitched it above the chest pocket. 
Done!


It was very well received.

Thank you Silvia for this brilliant idea and for the permission to post the tutorial!

Have a beautiful day, my dears!

I'm linking to Finish it up Friday!

3 comments:

Kat said...

This is so cool! Great job. PS- my friend Libby is going to be making a quilt from your Country Home pattern soon. Her blog is here: http://noairplanehere.blogspot.com/2015/04/wip-wednesday-plan-of-attack.html

Carie said...

Oh what a great idea - and I love the bow tie touch!

Silvia said...

Much, much better than my man apron! I'm glad you made a tutorial, thank you!

Post a Comment