Tuesday 3 May 2016

Urban Folk Quilt Pattern release


I am so happy to have this quilt pattern finished!


 I created the design inspired by a Romanian traditional handcrafted rug. In the same time, I wanted to get a quilt design suitable both for a girl and for a boy.For my tests, I chose the fabrics so that the quilt would go into a boy/man room. For the girl variant, I was pretty sure it would look fine. But for the boy variant, I had doubts. So I made these ones: here, here, here.

The quilt measures 16 ½" x 16 ½" before quilting and washing and it's scraps and strings friendly.
It's fast and easy to make. You need only a few hours to sew the quilt top. It's one of these perfect-weekend-projects.


The 19 pages of the pattern include:
-         instructions for cutting and preparing the units and piecing the blocks
-         detailed instructions and tips for piecing stripes without to bow once they are pieced together
-         step-by-step instructions for adding the binding
-         suggestions for layout variations
-         43 photos and diagrams


In order to give you an overall view of the pattern structure and to help you save time browsing, I inserted a Contents page right at the beginning of the pattern.

The materials needed are:
Top - four fabric fat quarters (you will not use them entirely);
Binding - one strip 2 ½ " x  80";
Backing fabric  -  19" x 19";
Batting - 19"x19"


Thank you, KatBernie and Tessa for reviewing and testing the pattern! 

You have awesome souls and spirits!

The pattern is available in my pattern shop at a special price for a limited time.


To celebrate this launch, all my other patterns are also at a reduced price.

Have a beautiful day, my dears!

I am linking to Finish it up Friday!




2 comments: