Wednesday 18 January 2017

One mini quilt = one pouch -- # 3

Today is the turn of the third mini quilt to welcome you.
If you want to see the little stories of the first two mini quilts of the series, please go here and here.

Here is my
Happy Flowers mini quilt:


I used painted fabrics for flowers, stems and leaves and commercial fabrics for the background.
I chose this free motion quilting to give some texture to the background and I used a narrow zig-zag stitch to secure the appliqued flowers edges.

Now look at its transformation:


A simple beautiful pouch.

On the pouch back I kept the same way of quilting as for the other two pouches: alternating a few lines with unequal zig-zag stitches.



It was another quick and fun project I am sure will have some followers.

The Mini quilts becoming pouches series continue. From time to time I will bring some of them here, on the blog.

Linked to Finish it up Friday!

Have a beautiful day, my dears!


  

4 comments:

  1. Your minis are gorgeous!! What a great idea to use them for bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Very unique and a fun way to use a mini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy flowers, indeed. Very nice the back of your pouches.

    ReplyDelete