At my small individual level, creating bag patterns is a concrete way to help preserving our natural world. In just a few hours someone can sew one bag which will reuse hundreds of times, instead of using hundreds of single use plastic bags which has proven to be so harmful for our environment.
I designed this bag in such a way that:
- to be roomy - 16 ½" (42 cm) wide; 13 ¾" (35 cm) tall (without straps); 4 ¼" (11 cm) deep
- to be durable - enclosed seam allowances raw edges
- to be worn both on the shoulder and in the hand
- to be easy and quick to do - no lining, but with all its benefits - seam allowance invisible raw edges and interior pocket
- to be practical:
- the exterior pocket closed with a zipper
- the inner pocket can be taken out and carried in the hand or moved with all its contents in another bag.
- to be beautiful (original curved shape of the exterior pocket)
- to catch the eye (the applique design).
The Unlined Shopping bag with removable interior pocket is a lovable bag, for everyday use.
It has a fresh look and a practical structure.
Its two big zippered pockets (one exterior pocket and one removable interior pocket) make it perfect for shopping, sport and outings.
This bag is very useful when you go to the market or to the grocery store, but you might need such a bag when going to the beach or to the gym.It is that kind of "big on inside - small on outside" all-in-one bag, as you don't need another bag/purse/backpack for your belongings.
The exterior zippered pocket will keep some of your things safe, while the removable interior pocket plays the role of a real pouch - as it gives you the possibility to keep at hand those things you need all the time.
Special features of this Unlined Shopping bag with Removable Interior Pocket pattern:
- one exterior zippered pocket
- one removable interior zippered pocket
- templates and detailed (beginner level) illustrated directions to appliqué the face design
- hidden raw edges
- tips and illustrated suggestions for customization
The pattern guides you step by step to make one of the most useful shopping bag that someone might need.
You will find a lot of easy to follow instructions and 87 color photos and diagrams, plus the printable templates in order to get the exterior pocket original shape and for the option to applique a face to your bag.
You will learn how to make a bag that combines the advantages of a unlined bag (light weight, short time to complete) with the ones of a lined bag (nice layout of the bag interior given by hidden raw edges of the seam allowances) and the ones of a pouch (the removable interior pocket).
The pattern includes:
-suggestions for the best materials for such a bag and how to prepare them.
- instructions for preparing and fusing the applique pieces
- instructions for securing the applique edges
- detailed instructions to sew the zippered pocket using two different sewing technics
- tips about how to give to the zippered opening of the exterior pocket an original look.
- illustrated detailed instructions for making the interior pocket removable
- a lot of tips helping you to sew a bag with professional looking seam allowances, hems and straps
All measurements are in both inches and centimetres.
Please, give it a try! You will find it in my Shop
Thank you for your suport!
Stay healthy and safe!
Have a beautiful sewing day!