Thursday 12 March 2015

Colorful and Rich


I had to make a table runner for a lady with an optimistic spirit. Therefore it was quite comforting working on it.
I decided to use this block with print fabrics this time.



Around these parts we expect the first signs of Spring, so my green fabric choice is understandable. But for the other fabric the logical expectations stop here because instead a flowery print I liked better how it goes together with this apples color palette. And I knew that the lady likes apples and red is one of her favorite color.




The aim of my quilting was to create a smooth surface trying to prevent a too fluffy look. It has to be a decoration item as pretty as functional.


I think it came out well.
Beside all I like the melted - effect of the quilting against the pieced units.


I hope that the lady will like it too.

Have a beautiful day!

I am linking to #CreativeGoodness Linky Party in March  at QuiltShopGal.com.

1 comment:

  1. I admired this block some time ago and now, I'm in love with this table runner! Red and green, my favorite color combination!!!

    ReplyDelete