Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Valentine's Day Idea - "You & Me" free quilt pattern

For those of you loving to make with your own hands gifts for friends and family, I come with an idea for Valentine's Day and not only.
Of course, it's a quilt. An applique quilt. A little one, easy and fast to make measuring only 16 1/2 " x 16 1/2 ".
The layout is simple and versatile. The message is warm and tender. At least this was my intention.

Here is how it looks:
I used denim in deep navy blue color for the heart design.

The good news is that I am about to finish writing the pattern.

The better news is that You & Me quilt pattern is my gift for Valentine's Day for all of you considering my occasionally newsletters about my creative work in the Quilting Land deserve to be read and visiting my blog does not mean wasting of time.

In a few hours all my subscribers will receive the newsletter with the link leading to the You & Me quilt pattern free download.
It is a .pdf pattern. You can read it and print it with Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you don't have it, you can find it here for free.

The pattern has 10 pages full of step by step instructions, suggestions and tips, a lot of images and the printable templates for cutting the applique pieces.

You might use the "You & Me" design to make a pillow cover for worming up your or his/her soul in almost any kind of interior. Or why not, in all kind of colors or prints combinations, it could accompany you in almost any kind of exterior relaxing place. It might be also an inspired engagement or wedding gift.

If you would like to sew this quilt and you are not on my newsletter list yet, you have still little time to sign up using the widget on the right side bar.

I hope you will like the You & Me quilt pattern and sew it!

Have a beautiful day, my dears!

Edited to add:

The newsletter took off! Welcome to my new subscribers!
I hope you all got the pattern and everything is Ok!

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Urban Folk Mood 3 - Denim upcycling

I'm still working on the Urban Folk pattern, taking advantage of every opportunity to make another test.
This time I have introduced as main character a few denim pieces from my small but growing pile of used jeans which I want to upcycle in my future projects.

The stretchy denim I used here required some attention when handled but with a few small exceptions the piecing went quite well.

That's all for now.
Back to work.

Have a beautiful day!

Monday, 18 January 2016

Urban Folk Mood Quilt - 2 - playing with the winter colors

I'm polishing the Urban Folk Mood quilt pattern.

In this version I wanted to give equal chances to be seen for the two patchwork units of the top and bottom bands. The way to do this was using for both units vivid and pastel colors/shades, but in the same time in their succession I wanted to get out of the symmetry of the pieced blocks geometry.
I kept the quilting design (simulating the weaving threads) as in the first version because I want the quilt layout to stay in a manner near to my inspiration source: a traditional handcrafted rug.

This is a little quilt, for a decorative pillow or a wall quilt.
The next version will be a baby quilt and will have a few prints.

Have a beautiful week, my friends!

I'm linking to Finish it up Friday

Saturday, 2 January 2016

Hello 2016!

Happy New Year!
May you and yours have a happy healthy and prosperous 2016!

I decided to prolong the gifts season, offering you, my blog readers, a 2016 calendar embellished with one of my designs I've turned into my quilt Time is Running.

Right - click on the photo bellow, choose Save Image As and save it in your computer.
It will work both as printable and desktop wallpaper versions. If printing (on cardboard or plain paper) I suggest to use the " Scale to paper size" feature.


Have a beautiful 2016, my dears!

Thursday, 31 December 2015

End of 2015

I just want to say thank you so very much for supporting my creative journey in the Quilting Land.
I wish everyone out there a joy filled end of 2015!
Your encouragements, my friends, were a strong motivation for me to continue!

Have a beautiful  End of 2015!

xox Mihaela

Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Free printable for Christmas

I was preparing gifts for Christmas when I realized that I need paper tags or cards to attach on each one. As my printer just said to me that the color ink is low, instead of using plain pieces of paper to write my words, I quickly drew a template for 10 simple cards/tags that require only black ink.
And because sharing is caring, I am sharing them with you, my readers, as a little Thank you for the support that you have given to me throughout 2015.

I wrote "Happy Holidays" trying to enlarge the recipients circle.

Right click on the photo, choose Save As, save it in your computer and print it. I suggest you to use the " Scale to paper size" feature. Cut out the rectangles.
To use them as tags, use a paper punch to make a hole with, for the ribbon.
This free printable image is for personal use only!

A short reminder:
If you need to sew a quick project, my Granny Stocking pattern is still on sale until December 23!

Have a beautiful day!

I am linking to Linky Tuesday